About the LoDo District, Inc.
The LoDo District, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) and Registered Neighborhood Organization representing the Lower Downtown Historic District. The Lower Downtown Historic District was formed by an act of City Council in March 1988, with the intention of encouraging preservation and vitality to an area that is significant because of its architectural, historical and economic value. The historic status granted protection to the neighborhood’s 127 historic structures that remained (approximately 20% of Lower Downtown’s buildings were demolished in the 1960s and 1970s) by the enactment of a zoning ordinance.
Today, the LoDo District, Inc. represents residential and commercial communities and functions as a LoDo-specific chamber of commerce, visitor’s bureau, advocacy agent, and marketing entity.
Supporting our Community
- Protecting and preserving the historic integrity of our neighborhood, while encouraging quality new development
- Organizing networking opportunities and social events for LoDo businesses and residents
- Acting as an honest, experienced, sounding board for developers and designers
- Liaising & creating communication channels between business leaders, community members, and public officials
- Acting as stewards for the district at all times
We continue to accomplish our mission through the support and dedication of our members, working committees, and board of directors.
Meetings take place at 4:30pm on the first Wednesday of each month.
Meetings take place at 4:00pm on the fourth Wednesday of each month.
Meetings take place at 4:00pm on the second Monday of each month.
Board of Directors
Grand American, Inc
Bar Chadwick, City & County of Denver • Fabby Hillyard, David J. Cole & Associates, Inc.