Denver College of Nursing strives to prepare excellent health care providers and leaders to transform the lives of persons and communities through innovative education and health care. DCN is a private single-purpose college focused on nursing. Denver College of Nursing offers programs and services to support and fulfill its mission by providing:
- Programs that prepare nursing students to apply to take the national nursing licensing examination as applicable;
- Degrees at the Associate’s and Bachelor’s level that build on prior education or support a student entering postsecondary education for the first time;
- At the ADN and BSN degree level, expertise and services to support the student who is pursuing his or her goal to become an RN or to further his or her career by building upon an existing RN license to earn a Bachelor’s degree.
The college offers on-ground programs and distance education programs.
They attract and retain faculty who are student-centric and are committed to student success. Their faculty have been recognized by students for their open-door policies, helping students self-identify areas of weakness and improvement, and academic advising, testing tips and tutoring. Nursing and education are challenging, lifetime commitments, that they embrace each and every day. Their students develop important skills and have opportunities for leadership and service learning. They make an impact upon the many communities they serve locally, nationally, and globally. How do they do this? Their nursing college is dynamic, responsible, and responsive. Enrollment is on a quarterly basis to help ensure smaller class sizes and cohorts. Their faculty make it a practice to meet with students one-on-one. Their nursing programs consistently exceed expected levels of achievement. Their faculty members attribute our strong student retention, completion, NCLEX pass rates and placement rates to:
- A faculty cohort advisor is assigned each term to all cohorts
- The HESI exams help students assess their baseline of knowledge
- Student body demographics mirror those of Denver’s
- Students succeed through quarterly tutoring
- Students receive test preparatory and test strategy skills advising
- Students receive support from Student Services for advocacy and non-academic advising
DCN is located at 19th and Market streets in lower downtown Denver, known as “LoDo,” . The campus is a short walk to historic Union Station and Larimer Square, one block to Coors Field, close to light rail and transportation and within blocks of a variety of restaurants, from delis, to food trucks to fine dining.
Explore their website. Come and tour their facility. Join them for the most important nursing career journey of your life.